Welcome to 101 Landing Pages!
The #1 source for everything Landing Pages.
Any type of smart inbound marketing expert “gets” that as soon as you’ve done all that hard work to get visitors to your web site, the next large step is to convert them right into leads for your business. But just what’s the most effective way to get them to convert? Landing pages, that’s what!
Regrettably, there seems to be a significant disconnect between the importance of landing pages and their usage by online marketers. According to MarketingSherpa’s Landing Page Handbook (2nd edition), 44% of clicks for B2B companies are directed to the business’ homepage, not a special landing page. Additionally, of the B2B companies that are using landing pages, 62% have six or fewer total landing pages.
Landing pages are the heart and soul of an inbound marketer’s lead generation initiatives, so why are they still so underutilized? MarketingSherpa points out that the leading factor organisations don’t make use of landing pages is since their advertising and marketing division doesn’t recognize the best ways to set them up or they are also overloaded.
Exactly What is a Landing Page?
First, let’s start with a straightforward interpretation:
A landing page is a website that permits you to capture a site visitor’s information via a lead-capture type (AKA a conversion type).
An excellent landing page will target a particular target market, such as traffic from an email project promoting a certain book, or visitors that click on a pay-per-click advertisement advertising your webinar. You can develop landing pages that allow visitors to download your content offers (e-books, whitepapers, webinars, etc.), or redeem various other marketing offers such as cost-free trials, demonstrations, or discount coupons for your item. Developing landing pages enables you to target your audience, supply them something of value, and also convert a higher portion of your visitors into leads, while also catching information concerning that they are as well as just what they’ve transformed on.
How Landing Pages Work
For a more total understanding of just how landing pages make visitor-to-lead conversions (as well as re-conversions) possible, let’s talk via a theoretical scenario that will help show the simple path of a visitor into a lead with a landing page.
Let’s state you own a specialist paint business, as well as your services consist of a variety of expert interior and also outdoor paint work. You’re a savvy inbound marketing professional, so you maintain a business blog that features articles about painting ideas as well as tricks. You additionally have several more premium advertising and marketing deals like complimentary instructional books on paint and cost-free, no-obligation paint appointments.
Currently let’s claim a mom was trying to find an expert painter to paint her brand-new baby-to-be’s nursery but was initially doing some research study into color schemes. She comes across your post entitled “10 Popular Nursery Room Color Schemes for 2012” as a result of a Google search, and she clicks through to read it. When she reaches all-time low of the write-up, she notifications a call-to-action (CTA), which is basically an ad, for one of your deals– a free paint appointment in order to help her decide which color design would function best with the size and kind of nursery she’s working with. “That would be beneficial,” she believes, clicking on the CTA and visiting the landing page where she could sign up for her totally free appointment.
The landing page provides some additional info and also information concerning what she will certainly leave the free assessment, encouraging her it’s worth offering her call information on the landing page’s conversion form in order to take advantage of the offer. She sends her info, as well as voila!– she’s now a practical lead for your paint service with whom you could easily follow up! What’s even more, she desires you to follow up with her. Exactly how wonderful does that sound?
As well as this isn’t really the only path whereby a site visitor can travel to exchange a lead. In addition to browse, visitors can discover your website and also its landing pages via a variety of marketing networks including email, social networks, PPC, direct web traffic, or reference web traffic. Furthermore, they can locate your landing pages via calls-to-action you place throughout your site, or directly as a result of you sharing the link to those landing pages in these various other marketing channels.
They key, as a marketer, is to develop these landing pages to begin with, as well as make it easy for possible customers to locate them in your different marketing initiatives.
6 Reasons You Need Landing Pages
Still not persuaded that landing pages can make your marketing and lead generation efforts more effective? Here are 6 more engaging factors:
1) Easily Generate Leads! If you could do something right now to drastically enhance your lead generation efforts, it would be to utilize landing pages on your website. As we mentioned earlier, too many business send their email, social media, and search traffic to their homepages. This is the equivalent of throwing leads away. You might catch these leads at a much higher rate just by sending them to targeted landing pages. Landing pages offer an extremely simple method to create leads for your sales group that you can then quickly section, nurture, or disperse to your sales group.
2) Collect Demographic Information About Your Prospects: Every time a lead completes a conversion form on a landing page, your marketing and sales team is collecting valuable info about your leads. Your marketing group can then utilize this details to comprehend exactly what kinds of visitors or marketing personas are converting, and your sales team currently has a baseline of information about a lead prior to they reach out.
3) Understand Which Prospects Are More Engaged: Landing pages not just enable you to produce brand-new leads; they likewise allow you to track re-conversions of existing leads, which you can then utilize to determine which prospects are more engaged with your organisation. This also enables you to collect better intelligence on your leads’ habits and activities on your site, which your sales group can use in the sales procedure.
4) Give Your Offers a Place to Live: Marketing offers and landing pages work together. Simply reflect to our painting company example. Without being gated behind landing pages, your deals will do nothing to support your list building efforts. The concept is to need your site visitors to ‘pay’ you in contact details for something important like a deal, and your landing page is the collections tool.
5) Provide Fuel for Other Marketing Channels: An effective inbound marketing technique depends on content– and great deals of it. Landing pages are a terrific addition to any marketer’s material toolbox because they can be shared in social media, used as the focus of dedicated e-mail sends out and in lead nurturing projects, be connected to in PPC advertisements, and get found in organic search.
6) Offer Insights Into the Effectiveness of Your Marketing Offers: Every time you develop a landing page, you’re developing another information asset for your marketing program. By tracking and evaluating the metrics associated with your landing pages, you can collect a lot of insight into your marketing performance, such as how your various marketing offers compare, how visitors and leads are transforming on your landing pages gradually, and more. This provides you effective insight that can help you optimize and improve your marketing.
Now that you know more about landing pages, why don’t you go out and build some!
Try out the Industry leading landing page builder with a FREE 14 Day Trial here.